Sew Surprised (and excited)!

So the blog has obviously been quiet for many weeks now.  So has my sewing machine. 
Any guesses why?  In mid-March I was super-surprised to find out we are expecting another baby!  

Fifth baby announcement (with apologies for photo quality).
I won't go in to all the ways and reasons that his is so surprising right now; you'll just have to trust me.  I will say this: I was sooooo sick.  This is pregnancy number nine (yes, nine) for me, and by far the worst.  For about four weeks I could barely function - in bed 75% of the day, on the couch the rest of the time.  I couldn't understand it.  Thankfully, it went to normal first trimester sickness after a bit, and now that I am in the second trimester, I am feeling pretty good.  I don't know if it is or was related or not, but by 8 weeks I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  Maybe the bad sugar levels were contributing to the super-sickness for a bit?  This is my first time with an official diagnosis, and I'm thankful that my new ob office tests women with my history so early and that it was caught.

Anyway, I am eager to jump back in to sewing projects.  Now you know why it's been so quiet around here.  My last two projects (Hawthorn Zip-Up Jacket and EYMM Piko Tops) were actually completed earlier than posted and I had to wait on the pattern release to blog about those projects. April and early May were mostly sickness and doctor appointments!  I made my first trip to JoAnns today and picked out fabric for a bed skirt I am making for our new bedroom.  I can't wait to share pictures!

((and just for kicks, we thought this outtake was hilarious.  Hopefully she like her new sibling better than she likes taking pictures about her new sibling!))

1 comment

  1. Yeah! Congratulations! I'm sorry you were so ill, but it sounds like the worst of that is over. Your announcement photo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to hear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...